Digital Retoucher – EcommerceFull time @Reliance Recruiters posted 2 years ago
Responsible for following the established standards for eCommerce retouching including; color correcting, image/clipping/silhouetting and manipulation of digital images to produce high quality images. Working under minimal daily supervision and dual role as Image Specialists with international retouching agencies, the role is responsible to perform quality control of imagery and SLA turnaround from pre to post production. Ensuring the image folders are organized as per workflow. Will also require to retouch directly in instances of urgent requests and/or color correction
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
- Work on Talent, Still Life and Mannequin imagery
- Maintain and follow server/DAM asset organization/proper file naming and image protocol
- Review imagery returned from 3rd Party Retouch vendor and assess any additional required correction
- Request and cross check assets delivery from brands and retouching agency partner.
- Cross referencing batch billing vs statement of accounts from retouching agency partners
- Retouch and CC imagery to accurately represent merchandise
- Perform Quality Control on daily workloads
- Be responsible for completion of work to daily and weekly deadlines
- Be pro-active and able to show initiative/ideas to constantly improve the service of the studio team
- Communicate with other departments to proactively address discrepancies and resolve issues
- Prioritize retouching to meet high volume targets and maintain SLAs
- Daily tracking of metrics and SLA of the product imagery journey.
- Support Studio & Styling Manager by identifying workflow and efficiency opportunities
- Support the Brand Experience, Content team with adhoc business requirements
People Management Roles and Responsibilities
- Mentor and onboard freelancers required for high volume periods on the image workflow
- Assist in upskill of other studio members on image workflow process assisting the Studio & Styling Manager on developing cross functional teams
Education/Certification and Continued Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in graphic design, visual communication, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Previous experience working within a digital ecommerce photography studio
- Professional-level expertise in Adobe Creative Suite
Knowledge and Skills
- Clear and concise written, oral and presentation skills
- Minimum of 3 years of high volume photo retouching experience
- Previous eCommerce retouching experience
- Fluent in Adobe Photoshop and Bridge. AEM is considered a plus
- Well organized, self disciplined and professional
- Working knowledge of Photography considered a plus
- Previous experience as Graphic Designer and/or photographer considered a plus but not necessary
- Able to work well as part of a team in a highly pressurized environment.
- Proven ability to work to stringent deadlines. With exceptional eye for detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Have strong work ethic be pro-active and able to show initiative.
- Flexibility to travel on very short notice during weekdays and as often as the business requires.
- Excellent on-set styling ability and eagerness to pass this knowledge to the rest of the team.