VAT AccountantFull time @Addify posted 1 year ago
Your job scope includes:
- Preparation of VAT returns and other VAT reports for submission to the Federal Tax Authority and making sure that the returns of all business units are being submitted in a timely manner to avoid any penalties for late submissions
- Timely reconciliations of VAT Payable/Recoverable with GL balances and posting of required entries.
- Ensuring overall compliance with the VAT laws and regulations and maintenance of proper support of all the elements of returns.
- Submission of the reporting requirements related to VAT audits to external auditors and Federal Tax Authority.
- Provide full support during VAT Audit including preparation of audit schedules and any other data required by Auditor.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of VAT policies, principles, processes, and procedures.
- Identify the VAT risks, plan remediation action and manage the implementation of the remediation plan and resolution of the risks.
- Validate revenue data generated by ETL and process it into RMCS (Revenue Management System) on a daily basis.
- Preparation of detailed reconciliation of revenue between ERP and MIS system and ensuring completeness and accuracy of revenue reporting.
- Preparation of balance sheet schedules of deferred revenue including annual passes in a timely manner.
- Support Finance Business Partner in preparation of annual budgets for revenues, payroll expenses, and CAPEX including preparation of various analyses Vs forecast and prior year actuals. Validate business cases for new CAPEX projects.
- Work with respective departments to update forecasts on a monthly basis.
- Ensure all month-end tasks and reports are completed as per the agreed closing schedules.
- Review all balance sheet schedules and work with the general accounting team to pass necessary correcting entries in the GL.
- Support Finance Business Partner during annual audits including preparation of IFRS compliant Financial Statement.
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- ACCA, CPA, CMA, ACA
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in taxation role with a large transaction volume entity
- Advanced excel skills.
- Knowledge of ERP system.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Multi-task skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Certification in Taxation.
- Lean Six Sigma Certification (Yellow belt)
- 3 years of post-graduate accounting experience
- Working knowledge of Tableau.
- Problem Solving.
- Knowledge of IFRS.
- Arabic Speaker.
- Create Smiles
- Share What You Know
- Deliver Excellence
- Work as One