System and Network EngineerFull time @Addify posted 1 year ago
Louvre Abu Dhabi is looking to appoint a “System and Network Engineer” to join the Technical Operations Department. This role will work closely with the infrastructure Unit Head, LAD IT operations and Technical Operations Team in developing the strategic and tactical management of LAD Building and Security Systems (Lighting Control; BMS; Blind Control; SCADA, CCTV, Access control, and cabling etc.), LAD Network infrastructure (wired and wireless) in line with Louvre Abu Dhabi’s technology, governance strategy, policies, and standards.
- Work with the Building IT Infrastructure Unit Head and Technical Operations Team in developing short, medium and long-term strategic plans for the unit in line with the Louvre Abu Dhabi’s vision, mission and strategic goals.
- Supervise and oversee the planning, developing, implementation, testing and optimizing of system and network services.
- The System and Network Engineer oversee the operation of all Building Systems (Operation, maintenance, resilience, high availability …) and all networks LAN (wired and wireless) / WAN-related network services to ensure high availability and resilience of all systems.
- Lead troubleshooting and resolution of issues of all building systems and all LAN and WAN across all LAD networks in coordination with the Operations team.
- Provide guidance to the system and network contractors to efficiently manage Applications and DNS, DHCP, IP addressing, logical architectures and topology, network traffic monitoring and optimization as well as other network-related services.
- Evaluate and develop survey inspections to continuously assess the performance of all building and networking systems.
- Contribute to the monitoring and management of computer operating systems, provide backup methodology overview and assist in retrieval functions.
- Support and assist the Unit Head in developing plans, feasibility, staffing and time constraints of the unit, ensuring the availability of required resources to carry out all tasks related to the building & security infrastructure needs of the museum.
- Support the development and maintenance of detailed documentation of the system and network infrastructure including asset register, network schematics, spares and inventory management.
- Work with the IT security team in developing secure processes of accessing, managing and monitoring all networks and building/security systems.
- Support in achieving the higher performance of building operation, management and control systems, including Building Management Systems (BMS), SCADA, Blind and Lighting control systems, Access Control systems (ACS), CCTV, Audio Visual, ICT network and cabling systems
- Contribute and work closely with all building and security system asset managers to improve system performance and efficiency.
- Support integration, automation and digitization projects with LAD solution Architects throughout their life cycle from initial concept to implementation and commissioning.
Required Qualifications & Experiences:
- Bachelor’s Degree in telecommunications, electronics, electrical engineering, information technology, systems engineering or computer science
- Cisco Certified Design Associate or equivalent
- 7-8 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in managing networks and systems in similar-sized large enterprises
- Experience in managing Information and communications technology Suppliers / Vendors
- Experience in systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- A track record of development and implementation of IT strategy and projects
- Experience in technical event setups and installations
- Fluency in English is a must. Arabic and/or French will be an added advantage.