Shopkeeper – Markethall -IKEAFull time @Addify posted 2 years ago
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You are a passionate and dynamic person ready for bigger scope of responsibility. You want to lead, inspire and build a strong team. You want to create a better life for many individuals at their homes.
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- Post Graduate Certification
- 4 – 5 years Retail managerial experience, preferably in IKEA (bedroom or living room)
- Experience of working in a fast-paced and commercial environment.
- Strong Strategic, Analytical and tactical abilities
- Keen interest in the IKEA range and strong mathematical skills to be able to perform the gross margin calculations
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Good Understanding of Business & Finance
- Ability to lead business through people by demonstrating high leadership capabilities.
- Ability to work with senior level of stakeholders
- Strong ability to make things happen by championing flexibility, speed and simplicity.
- Computer literate
- About the Role
You are responsible for optimizing sales, profitability and development of the Home Furnishing Business (HFB) to strengthen IKEA’s position as the “Top of the Mind” home furnishing store in the local market. Your responsibility includes leading showroom co workers, providing support and developing them in order to create a strong and vital daily commercial drive in the showroom while ensuring the presence of the proven IKEA retail system (Tasks of the IKEA store).
Key Specific Accountabilities
- Optimise the IKEA shopping experience in your shop and store to secure satisfied customers and increase sales. You do this by motivating and inspiring your department team using knowledge of the IKEA product range and services, the local market and IKEA customers.
- Optimise sales and profitability of the department through following up, conducting analyses and taking actions.
- Define the range in your sales area of Showroom and Markethall to be sold by all stores and together with shopkeepers you drive the process of selecting the suppliers and managing all the contracts in order to achieve economies of scale in the purchasing by generating large volumes
- Enhance the competitive strength of the IKEA product range by ensuring the implementation of all range issues related to systems and methods stated in IKEA Concept Documentation and by keeping yourself updated about the local market conditions
- Strive to reach the IKEA positioning objectives and use IKEA tools and the expertise of your team and colleagues to support you.
- To steer the performance in your area operations towards maximized sales and optimised long-term profit by:
o To act as a highly efficient, and staffed sales
o To show home furnishing solutions full of inspiring
o home furnishing ideas
o To serve as a well-qualified home furnishing specialist
o To provide a day out for the whole family.
o Applying sales methods in accordance with the Sales and Range the IKEA way manual
- Stay in contact with IKEA of Sweden and the distributor to select, price, phase in and phase out the range for your market
- Perform all range administration in the sales IT-system for products belonging to your Business Area
- Work closely with the Logistics team to secure that the sales forecasts are adapted to the sales patterns in order to achieve an optimal goods flow
- Choose products of the IKEA Extra range in accordance with the Choosing from the IKEA product range manual
- Set prices on the IKEA range and you work closely with the shopkeepers in the stores to continuously track competitors’ price levels in order to secure the IKEA low-price leadership. In this work, you use systems and methods described in the IKEA genuinely low prices manual and Setting prices the IKEA way manual
- Make sales budgets for the IKEA range in your Business Area.
- As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.