Senior Financial AnalystFull time @Addify posted 2 years ago
Due to expansion, Taaleem, a leading Education Management group located in Dubai, UAE, is urgently seeking an experienced Senior Financial Analyst, to join their growing Finance department in Central Office.
Taaleem’s main activity is the development and management of early childhood, primary and secondary schools. With quality at the forefront of our offering, we tailor each project to answer the specific educational requirements of a wide range of families by offering top international curricula including British, American, the International Baccalaureate and our custom early childhood program.
The successful Candidate will report to the Commercial Finance Manager within the Corporate Finance team and will be thoughtful, analytical self-starter with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment. This role is focused on value creation and driving business insights across the group and the successful candidate will be able to lead analysis, benchmarking, trend lining, value drivers, and run multiple analysis projects.
- Modelling – perform a variety of financial activities such as developing financial models, preparing cost projections, assisting with financial planning, performing research and analysis, preparing reports, and assisting with the month-end close process.
- Projects – manage various workstreams independently, provide data inputs, support and analysis, and provide weekly updates
- Cashflow – support, streamline and further automate process / information flows
- Perform extensive financial analysis, market research and legal due diligence on acquisition/brown field or green field projects.
- Deep dive into business trends, company resources and investment opportunities to guide the company toward smart financial decisions.
- Develop tools to enable effective cash flow and capex management.
- Translate analysis into presentation suitable for senior stakeholders (CFO, CEO, Board of Directors and Principals) and ensure accuracy of contents.
- Analyse all lines of the P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow to explain variances to Budgets.
- Obtain agreement on expenditures with budget holders and provide regular financial reports as required.
- Ensure high-quality, real-time availability of data and analytics to support delivery of the business strategy.
- Use financial management information, especially benchmarking tools, to identify areas of relative spend and advise accordingly. Suggest ways of effecting budget efficiency.
- Seek, identify, and implement the best practices throughout the company that will enhance revenues, customer service, and improve cost and productivity efficiencies.
- Manage all financial risks, key risk and performance indicators and exposure to the company
- Provide all information as required by the internal and external auditors and implement any recommendations
- Ad hoc reporting and miscellaneous tasks as required by the Commercial Finance Manager, Head of Finance or CFO.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Educational Professional Qualification in finance (CA, ACCA, CIMA or CPA) or Certified Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Minimum of 5+ years of commercial finance experience in a reputable company
- Advanced Financial modeling skills
- Experience in the Education sector is advantageous
- Experience of strategic scenario planning and knowledge of the mergers and acquisition process
- Experience of the international education sector is desirable but not essential
- Experience working in UAE (Desirable not essential).
- Able to translate strategy into operational action plans.
- Strong analytical, mathematical, communication and writing skills.
- Software skills: advance excel skills (V lookup, Index, Macros, Pivot table, sensitivity analysis) and PPT.
- Capital budgeting (NPV, IRR, DCF), cashflow statements and KPI Reporting.
- Ability to discuss and influence effectively at all levels.
- Excellent collaborative skills and able to quickly establish effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to coach / mentor colleagues to upgrade performance.
- Corporate finance acumen to enhance balance sheet, P&L management.
- Highly numerate.
- Flexible and able to manage tight deadlines.
- Positive and hands-on attitude (Strong interpersonal skills).