Senior Financial AnalystFull time @Addify posted 1 month ago
Job Purpose: Support the Financial Planning and Strategy Manager to develop the business in line with the strategic platforms by analyzing potential investment opportunities and building robust financial forecasting models.
Key Relationships (Internal and External): Central Office Finance, Taaleem School Executive Board (SEB), Taaleem Charter Schools, Operations Teams, HR Team, Business Coordinators, Third Party suppliers, and regulatory bodies
- Perform a variety of financial activities such as developing financial models, preparing cost projections, assisting with financial planning, performing research and analysis, preparing reports, and assisting with the month-end close process.
- Perform extensive financial analysis, market research, and legal due diligence on acquisition/brown field or green field projects.
- Deep dive into business trends, company resources, and investment opportunities to guide the company toward smart financial decisions.
- Develop tools to enable effective cash flow and Capex management.
- Translate analysis into presentation suitable for senior stakeholders (CFO, CEO, Board of Directors, and Principals) and ensure accuracy of contents.
- Analyze all lines of the P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow to explain variances in Budgets.
- Obtain agreement on expenditures with budget holders and provide regular financial reports as required.
- Ensure high quality, real-time availability of data and analytics to support the delivery of the business strategy.
- Use financial management information, especially benchmarking tools, to identify areas of relative spending and advise accordingly. Suggest ways of affecting budget efficiency.
- Seek, identify, and implement the best practices throughout the company that will enhance revenues, and customer service, and improve cost and productivity efficiencies.
- Manage all financial risks, key risk and performance indicators, and exposure to the company
- Provide all information as required by the internal and external auditors and implement any recommendations
- Ad hoc reporting and miscellaneous tasks as required by the Financial Planning and Strategy Manager, Head of Finance, or CFO.
Education: Degree or equivalent professional accounting qualification (e.g., CA, CFA, ACCA, CIMA, or CPA), higher level education in finance, business, or commercial discipline.
Experience: Experience in strategic scenario planning and knowledge of the mergers and acquisition process is required. Experience in the international education sector is desirable but not essential. Experience working in UAE (Desirable not essential).
- Able to translate strategy into operational action plans.
- Very strong analytical, mathematical, communication, and writing skills.
- Software skills: advanced excel skills (V lookup, Index, Macros, Pivot table, sensitivity analysis) and PPT.
- Capital budgeting (NPV, IRR, DCF), cash flow statements, and KPI Reporting.
- Ability to discuss and influence effectively at all levels.
- Excellent collaborative skills and ability to quickly establish effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to coach/mentor colleagues to upgrade performance.
- Corporate finance acumen to enhance balance sheet, and P&L management.
- Highly numerate.
- Flexible and able to manage tight deadlines.
- Positive and hands-on attitude (Strong interpersonal skills).