Senior Engineer – TelecomFull time @Addify posted 1 month ago
- Responsible to review and approval of EPC Contractor’s Engineering and Vendor documents under PMC role in compliance with Contract, Project Standards, international codes, and standards with budgeted man-hour and project schedules.
- Establish contract review criteria, identify, and resolve discrepancies and divergences from the original proposal through the instigation of technical queries to projects/clients.
- Identify equipment parameters including capacity, controls, power supply, the material of construction, pressure requirements, limitations of the operating environment, and other parameters.
- Review / Approval of Technical Document Register (TDR) as per Contract requirements, Design basis, Project specifications, Datasheets, and Inquiry requisitions in line with the scope of work.
- Review of Plot plans, General Arrangement (GA) drawings, Block Diagrams, Equipment Layouts, Cable Routing Layouts, and other relevant documents.
- Provide inputs for the preparation of plot plans; organize the issuance of engineering drawings and technical documents for Inter-Discipline Checks (IDCs) and coordinate with other engineering disciplines in the integration of data inputs.
- Participate in the technical evaluation of vendor bid offers. Direct and provide guidance in the Technical Bid Evaluations (TBE).
- Administer the preparation of Purchase Requisitions for the procurement of Telecom equipment and packages. Review the vendor equipment’s compatibility and compliance with the scope of client specifications. Coordinate with procurement, and ascertain expedite of materials and equipment to the site.
- Liaise effectively with End User, Client, Contractor, and Vendor to adhere to compliance with the Contractual obligations and ensure smooth Project completion.
- Review / Approval of VDR, vendor design calculations, drawings, and other documents to ensure compliance with client equipment specifications and are within budgeted man-hours.
- Interface and regularly meet with client and vendor representatives, conduct internal staff meetings, and ensure the progress of the project in accordance with the schedule, allotted man hours, and budgeted costs. Coordinate with projects and planning departments on schedule-related issues. Update TDR progress reports.
- Verify Voltage Drop Calculations, Optical Budget Margins, Radio Frequency Propagation Studies, and Acoustic Study Reports.
- Proven Experience in Telecom Systems like Structured Cabling, Fiber Optic Networks, Transmission systems based on Synchronous Digital Hierarchy, Security and Process Close Circuit Television Systems, Public Address and General Alarm Systems, Radio Communications, and Building Fire Alarm Systems.
- Function as part/team member of Specialist Group to support multiple projects. Apportion work among engineering staff according to specialized training, monitor man-hour costs, and team schedules. Recommend cost-effective measures to reduce the overall package costs.
- Monitor vendor’s manufacture progress; verify vendor equipment testing and Inspect Vendor workshops; attend testing of critical equipment items. Coordinate with third-party inspectors for non-critical equipment testing. Approve Telecom equipment / Package final product dispatch to site.
- Participate in HAZOP & Design review meetings with the client and representatives of other engineering disciplines.
- Interact with HSE, Quality Assurance for quality issues, review and approval of ITP; strictly ensure compliance with Company’s ISO Quality procedures. Coordinate Internal and Client audit requests; facilitate audit procedures of engineering systems within the department.
- Inspect vendor works and workshops when required, review dispatch clearance and test certificates. Identify irregularities and shortfalls, and take corrective action when required.
- Interface and provide clarification and guidance and technical support to construction sites and commissioning engineers, and provide start-up assistance as required.
- Perform departmental duties as and when directed by Direct Supervisor. Supervise and develop Graduate Engineers and other engineers as assigned by Department. Work on Development Standards/Data Sheets/Other Tools to improve productivity.
- Supervise and lead more than one project activity (if required) within the discipline.