Senior Engineer-ProcurementFull time @Addify posted 1 year ago
OB TITLE: SENIOR ENGINEER – PROCUREMENT
Perform procurement activities within established purchasing procedures and in line with project execution schedule and budget. Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to secure clear bid offers for technical and commercial evaluation and to issue purchase orders in line with the contractual specifications and project execution schedule.
- Comply with HSSE policy, procedures, and legislation performance of duties.
- Prepare periodic reports including ISL, PO log, and any other reports as required, etc…
- Maintain cognizance of new trends and proactively stay apprised of new products.
- Participate in the identification of vendors by researching product availability and conducting market
- Create Inquiry Bidders’ List (IBL).
- Review Inquiry/ Material Requisitions (IR, MR) for correctness & completeness of documents.
- Prepare RFQs and issue them to prospective vendors, expedite receipt of offers, and coordinate pre-bid
- clarifications with engineering.
- Review received quotations for completeness and obtain missing information and documents
- required for bid techno-commercial evaluation.
- Prepare commercial bid tabulation.
- Prepare shortlisting file note based on the preliminary bid tab & offers received.
- Distribute technical offers to the engineering team and expedite completeness of the Technical Bid
- Evaluation (TBE).
- Regular update and issuance of Inquiry Status Log (ISL), Bid Clarifications Request Log, etc…
- issue Technical Queries (TQ) received from engineering to the vendors and obtain appropriate clarifications.
- Arrange teleconference calls and bid clarification meetings with the vendors.
- Prepare and issue commercial bid clarification requests to the vendors and obtain appropriate responses.
- Obtain a clear and complete Technical Bid Evaluation (TBE) from engineering.
- Coordinate with the Contracts team to review and close-out out the exceptions and deviations to the Terms and Conditions (T&Cs) of Purchase.
- Prepare the final scope of supply in coordination with the discipline engineer.
- Solicit final bids from vendors & conduct commercial negotiations with the vendors.
- Prepare Award Recommendations for the selected vendors.
- Review Letter of Award (LOA), Purchase Order (PO), and Change Orders (CO) & obtain respective acknowledgment.
- Communicate what went wrong with unsuccessful bidders and encourage them to participate in future bids.
- Make purchasing decisions based on project execution strategy, need, and business policy.
- Comply, implement & adhere to the Procurement Policies and Procedures within the Project.
- Participate and assist during internal and external audits and implement necessary actions to ensure compliance with procedures and policies.
- Operate Microsoft Office applications and any other IT-related software required for business operation.
- Prepare and compile project review meeting reports as and when requested by the supervisor.
Essential Qualifications And Skills
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in relevant field