Senior Database EngineerFull time @NOON posted 1 year ago
Noon is a fast-growing e-commerce venture in the Middle East with a committed capital of $ 1 billion. Our aim is to develop a world-class digital and e-retail ecosystem in the Middle East. To achieve this goal, Noon has built end-to-end in-house capabilities including Technology, Commercial, Marketing, Logistics, and Fulfillment. After launching in UAE and KSA in 2017, we are now looking for aggressive scaling strategies to maximize our customer reach and product offerings. To fulfill these goals, Noon has a division that is dedicated to launching key strategic projects.
noon pay, the fintech vertical of noon, launched with a mission to revolutionize payments in UAE. We are building noon pay to make payments in UAE faster, easier, and safer for everyone. Our aim is to be UAE’s leading payments app for money transfers, recharges & bill payments, online & offline payments.
We are looking for a senior database engineer with 7+ years’ hands on, strong experience in transactional database management, with minimum of 3 years working on high-performance enterprise applications, using Azure SQL related technologies.
Previous work with ecommerce and payment related technologies and knowledge of NoSQL technologies (Cosmos DB core API) will be huge advantage.
- Responsible for the overall performance, backup, and recovery
- Review and deploy scripts written by software engineering teams
- Diagnose and resolve production problems within defined SLAs
- Proactive maintenance and monitoring of all the DB instances
- Work closely with other IT team members to successfully maintain and monitor all the DB instances Plan and implement database upgrades as needed
- Assist in creating documented processes and procedures to solve complex problems
- Work closely with R&D to identify any possible performance bottlenecks
- Recommend and provide guidance regarding database development, T-SQL best practices, and development standards to the software engineering team members as needed. This includes but is not limited to helping with T-SQL code and performance tuning
- Recommend, implement, and maintain best practices and corporate standards
- Provide 24×7 production support on a rotating basis as needed
- Extensive experience managing large Azure SQL Server environments
- Experience with analyzing Azure SQL Server performance issues
- In depth knowledge of database administration and data management lifecycle to analyze complex issues and implement appropriate solutions and optimize processes
- Experience with advanced database maintenance tasks
- Knowledge of Azure SQL Server advanced features and Performance enhancements (In-Memory OLTP, Lock Priorities, Buffer Pool Extensions, etc.)
- Experience writing PowerShell scripts
- Experience with advanced query design, stored procedures, views, and functions
- Experience with optimal index design and T-SQL performance tuning techniques
- Knowledge of Azure DevOps Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/ Computer Science
Who will excel?
The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, high energy environment. They will be a creative and analytical problem solver with a passion for delivering results.
At noon we have courage to pursue what seems impossible, we work hard to get things done, we go great lengths to ensure that the experience of everyone from our customers to our sellers or noon bandidos is stellar but above all we are grateful for the opportunities we have.