Senior Consultant -VATFull time @Addify posted 6 months ago
- Consulting and liaising with clients on matters of a compliance-type nature, checking schedules, and issuing VAT Returns.
- Drafting reports in respect of reviews.
- Identifying exposure in respect of VAT.
- Assisting the Finance team in the interpretation of the VAT Act, planning, and restructuring.
- Researching local and offshore legislation and case law.
- Actively working with some practice management issues associated with the VAT department, such as work-in-progress monitoring.
- GCC or EU VAT experience is desirable
- Strong interpersonal and presentation capability
- Excellent analytical, organization, and engagement management skills.
- Fluent communication skills in both written and spoken English
- Current relevant knowledge of the VAT Act and relevant case law
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrate a professional work ethic and integrity
- Strong planning, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to tolerate pressure
- An excellent communicator, analytical, organized, structured, and result-orientated approach to work
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple assignments
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience in VAT/ GST
- Professionally qualified (CTA or equivalent)
- Technically strong with experience in advising clients on sophisticated tax-related issues
- Excellent proficiency with IT and systems including VAT accounting