Senior AccountantFull time @Addify posted 8 months ago
Accountant, Daikan Izakaya Restaurant
The accountant will prepare financial reports to track the organization’s assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities.
- Performs general cost accounting and other related duties in the accounting department.
- Prepares periodic (monthly) balance sheets, income statements, and profit and loss statements.
- Maintains the general ledger.
- Codes invoices, set up new accounts, reconcile accounts and closes the monthly books.
- Reconciles bank accounts at least monthly verify deposits and addresses inquiries from banks.
- Reconciles customer accounts and manages accounts receivable collections, follow-up through e-mail and phone calls.
- Verifies payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform an annual audit.
- Files required tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies.
- As appropriate, coordinates with the software vendor to maintain the accounting software system; recommends updates to enhance the accounting software.
- Petty Cash management and recording.
• Preparation of tax invoices, account statements for clients, receipts, credit notes, and purchases
• Prepares payment to vendors; verifies the accuracy of vendor invoices.
• Computation, recording, and processing of employee’s payroll (WPS).
• Computation of leave salary pay, deductions, and other salary-related transactions
• Provide monthly cash flow projections.
- Extensive knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting.
- Understanding of and ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Highly proficient with accounting software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, like QuickBooks
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline required.
- Three to five years of accounting experience is required.
Industry: Food & Beverage