Senior AccountantFull time @Addify posted 2 months ago
We are hiring an organized Shared Service Centre (SSC) Senior Accountant to join our product team at Elliott Group in Abu Dhabi.
As an (SSC) Senior Accountant, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Working on Project accounting and supporting finance manager in the UK
- Supports the day-to-day running of the SSC accounting department(s) ensuring adherence to Company and Departmental policies and procedures, and responsible for department training and appraisal.
- Assign and schedule responsibilities and objectives to subordinates, review progress, appraise performance, provide guidance and maintain time schedules.
- Ensure the accurate, consistent, and timely recording and reporting of financial data of the Business Unit in accordance with local and corporate required schedules.
- Ensure compliance of Business Unit accounting activities to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, and Elliott Company Policies and Procedures.
- Responsible for coordinating the input of all source data into the computerized accounting system including the recognition of accruals and prepayments to ensure a proper month-end cut-off.
- Reconciling balances in the general ledger to ensure accuracy of data and to analyze accruals and reserves.
- Ensure the proper maintenance of control systems to safeguard Business Unit assets and to effectively monitor operations.
- Ensure Segregation of Responsibility & adherence to Work Instructions
- Ensure accurate backlog & financial support of the WIP / Production meetings
- Inform the Finance Manager of all significant financial matters as they arise.
- Interpret and report information so that action may be taken to enhance operating results.
- Direct, train, and encourage the growth of staff to achieve accounting and clerical functions necessary to the BU ( as needed ).
- Responsible for accurate and timely internal & customer billing
- Oversee month-end closing
- Review & Approval of monthly account reconciliations
- Physical Inventory (Stock & WIP)
- Ensure weekly bookings, sales and backlog is updated and accurate.
- Ensure GAAP (US GAAP and IFRS) revenue recognition and accurate cost
- Review of the cash flow.
- Support Credit & Collections and recommend adequate reserves
- Review credit control through the Corporate Credit Department.
- Manage and maintain internal and external financial controls as per corporate policy, including adherence to JSOX.
- Undertake special assignments and projects as directed by the Accounting Manager and Finance Managers
As an (SSC) Senior Accountant, your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance, and five years of experience in the accounting area, plus some knowledge of related finance activities.
- Experience in working in or for the European market
- Professional qualification ACCA, CMA, CA, CPA, or similar
- Sufficient knowledge of US GAAP and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Expert in the computerized systems used to support the organization’s accounting and finance operations.
- Communication skills, verbal and written, are essential.
- Expert knowledge of accounting principles and company procedures.
- Strong capability with computerized accounting systems.
- Thorough understanding of the company’s business and markets.
- Extensive knowledge of the company’s business plans and financial goals.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Learning opportunities
- Opportunities to grow
- Competitive salary