Scientist, Natural Language Processing (NLP)Full time @Addify posted 2 years ago
Group 42 is an Abu Dhabi based artificial intelligence (AI) and cloud computing company, uniquely positioned in the national ecosystem to develop and deploy holistic and scalable AI Industry solutions. G42 has an active and extensive partnership network, connecting leading international organizations who complement our ecosystem and support our vision. Our partnerships range from strategic teaming agreement, joint ventures, to direct investment by G42.
We are currently looking for a talented Data/Applied Scientist, with expertise in the Natural Language Processing (NLP) subfield.
- The main responsibility focuses on taking new technologies from early concept to the product level while iterating, prototyping, and realizing the system predicts accurate and stable results.
- Conduct data analysis, propose correspondent optimization models and algorithms, and carry out proof of concept (PoC) according to client needs
- Improve accuracy of models/algorithms to solve problems encountered during the model/algorithm implementation. Coordinate various teams to solve these problems in an efficient, and effective way
- Propose scenarios where AI techniques could improve the efficiency of target clients’ businesses.
- Provide pre-sales and post-sales technical support to the business development team
- Invent, analyze, design, develop and optimize algorithms and models related to NLP such as NER, sentiment analysis, reading comprehension, translation, etc.
- Master’s degree in Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering, Machine Learning
- 3 or more years of python experience and used in the last 2 years.
- Solid background on machine learning knowledge, such as SVM, Decision Tree, Markov Chain, graph analysis (e.g., probabilistic graph model), etc.
- Solid knowledge on deep learning algorithms related to NLP such as RNN, LSTM, Transformer, BERT, GPT, etc.
- Problem solving and optimization experience.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in cross-functional teams.
- Strategic thinking, highly organized self-starting mentality, ability to work independently
- PhD degree in Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering, Machine Learning; must have done academic research in aforementioned fields for at least two years
- Published articles on IEEE Transactions or other top-level journals, and/or on top-level AI/machines learning (ML) conferences in the NLP area.
- Have rich project experience in NLP related areas such as reading comprehension, translation, etc.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) in English, with sharp attention to detail