Operations Manager | IKEA | Dubai Festival City | DubaiFull time @Addify posted 2 years ago
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You are a passionate and dynamic person ready for a bigger scope of responsibility. You want to lead, inspire and build a strong team. You want to create a better life for many individuals at their homes.
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- University graduate in Facility Management/Civil Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/HSE/Electromechanical Engineering
- Minimum 5 to 7 years in Operations or Facilities Management with at least 5 years in a management capacity
- Retail background is favourable, IKEA experience is preferred
- Strategic Planning and Analytical Skills
- Effective Communication
- Strong Leadership skills
- Flexible to work on rotational shifts, weekends and or public holidays
About the Role
You ensure safety of all visitors and co-workers by maintaining a good level and standard of cleaning, maintenance and security. You positively contribute to a comfortable and pleasant shopping experience.
You are responsible for:
SISAN(store in shape as new)
- Ensuring that the store building and all technical areas of the store are regularly maintained to provide a safe, clean and functional environment:- electricity, phone system, loud speaker system, fire prevention and alarm systems, ventilation, water systems, etc. All technical installations used to transport visitors, customers and goods like elevators, travellators, escalators, etc.
- Cleanliness of stores inside areas and parking and outdoor areas, including the store façade and roof.
- The maintenance costs and service contracts for all store suppliers
- Management of internal suppliers:- cleaning – performance management through audits and kpi’s
- To ensure a safe store for visitors and customers – regular audits and kpis’s, regular evacuations and action plans.
- Crisis management routines and actions
- Management of internal suppliers:- security – performance management through audits and kpi’s
- Training and sec checks to ensure store safety
- Key Specific Accountabilities:
- Ensure that the store is clean – all customer areas, offices, and other non-customer facing departments
- Ensure that the store maintenance is kept up to date and a weekly/monthly and annual maintenance plan is in place, which is followed
- Re-negotiate all store contracts, with the Operations managers in the other Alfuttaim IKEA stores and to use central suppliers where possible
- To ensure that the store is safe for visitors and customers at all times;- before and after trade, day and night time
- To train and audit the store teams on the evacuation processes, codes and other emergency information. To plan and take corrective action based on the findings
- To schedule and action yearly plans for evacuations, generator tests and power failure simulations;- To
- implement processes and actions to ensure store safety
- To review and change current processes where needed to enhance store safety: checklists, etc
- To visit the store during the nightshift operation and carry out the same action and audits as in the day. Ensure store safety at night
- Involvement in crisis management routines and manual documentation
- To ensure all external suppliers working in IKEA are aware of Evacuation procedures and H&S requirements whilst working in our stores
- Ensure sufficient fire marshals/first aiders are on duty at all times and that there is a calendar for regular refresher training