News Editor Middle East – Career Development SegmentFull time @Addify posted 2 years ago
At LinkedIn, we trust each other to do our best work where it works best for us and our teams. This role offers a hybrid work option, meaning you can both work from home and commute to a LinkedIn office, depending on what’s best for you and when it is important for your team to be together.
LinkedIn is looking for a highly motivated journalist to curate the news and conversations in the Middle East that help members navigate their careers and build an active professional community. In this role, you will curate quality creator conversations and cover trending news and topics in the Middle East related to Career Development. You’ll also be collaborating with our global team of editors. Our goal is to share important news and views to help professionals talk about what matters across the Middle East– and that includes finding the right companies and people to follow through our coverage.
You will join a dynamic team building something brand new in business news and views, and get a fast education in platforms and entrepreneurial journalism. LinkedIn’s 100+ editors work around the globe, in cities including: New York, San Francisco, London, Paris, Madrid, Dublin, Munich, Berlin, São Paulo, Bangalore, Tokyo, Singapore, Beijing and Sydney. Their previous lives include the BBC, CNBC, Fortune, Reuters, The Wall Street Journal and more. Our news editors help define the future of how professionals create, curate and consume business content.
- Curating the best conversations on the platform related to Career development.
- Writing concise, persuasive descriptions and eye-catching news roundups and headlines for LinkedIn’s news products.
- Pulling from a variety of news sources to create dynamic, real-time collections of stories and topics – two particular topics being job seeking and career development.
- Keeping up-to-date with breaking and trending news, while monitoring the impact of your own work.
- Overseeing news coverage during key hours.
- Collaborating with editors around the world on coordinated global projects and publications.
- Proofreading editorial copy to check spelling and grammar.
- Experience working in a news/fast-paced media environment.
- 5+ years professional experience in writing and copy editing skills.
- Fluency in both verbal and written English and Arabic
- Familiarity with LinkedIn news products and services, and our target audience.
- Experience leading a Podcast is a plus
- Experience with writing in an engaging tone that fits LinkedIn’s professional audience.
- Active social media presence.
- Thrives in a place where things are ever-evolving.
- Familiarity with video/broadcast journalism – presenting/interviewing and editing.
- Familiarity with European business news cycles.