Mechanical Design EngineerFull time @Addify posted 2 months ago
The candidate will work with a multi-discipline Integrated Product Team [IPT] to establish design requirements and ensure designs are safe, durable, and meet the quality requirements.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creating & Manipulating aerospace solid models
- Inspection and repair markups, to provide guidance for structural analysis of the repairs.
- obtaining internal engineering approvals and coordination with the repair sources
- Assist in creating technical documents that will provide engineering requirements for designs and repairs.
- Familiarity with typical repair and manufacturing processes including welding, brazing, riveting, and coating processes including plasma spray a plus
- Interfacing and coordinating with multiple engineering disciplines to promote the exchange of necessary data in support of engine builds.
- Technical data review & interpretation
- Presenting design solutions to the Product Team
- Training/mentoring junior engineers to further grow the design team
- Participate in multi-disciplinary meetings and discussions (Design, Structures, Project)
Preferred Experience And Skills
(on the job training will be provided for proprietary software and processes)
- Microsoft Office
- Teamcenter experience
- Experience with 3D CAD software – Solid works, UG/ NX
- Reading technical prints
- Technical writing and documentation
- Strong communication and collaboration
- Working knowledge of gas turbine engine operating theory
- Part stack-up analysis and fit checks
- Some design experience in any field of engineering is preferred
- AS or BS in Engineering or Engineering Technology such as:
- Power Generation / Power Plants
Skills & Experience
- 3D Computer Aided Design (CAD), Design, Documentations, SolidWorks, Tolerance Analysis, Tolerance Stack Ups