Lead Mechanical EngineerFull time @Addify posted 4 months ago
Lead the Mechanical Engineering activities related to data centers not limited to the below:
· Define data center design criteria, develop the Basis of Design
· Translate ambiguous project parameters into clear and actionable design plans with special regard for resource/land limitations.
· Review engineering calculations and run independent engineering and cost analyses.
· Conduct research on energy-efficient and cost-effective designs, materials, and construction methods for data center HVAC equipment and components.
· Lead regular status update meetings to keep management and stakeholders informed of changes to project timelines and parameters.
· Conduct engineering studies, mechanical systems audits, startup testing, and full commissioning at data center construction sites.
· Conduct strategic planning of design requirements, scheduling, materials selection, and materials procurement.
· Perform Value engineering exercises on existing designs
· Degree in Mechanical Engineering, with 10+ years of relevant in data centers.
· Building design and construction
· HVAC systems, Chilled Water Systems, Condenser Water Systems, Pump controls, Glycol/Glycols, AHU units (DX, split, RTU, and CRAC), Raised Floor Systems, HOT/COLD aisle containment, and Building Management Systems
· HVAC concepts include psychometric, heat transfer, fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, and statistics.
· Adhering to industry standards, building codes, and safety standards including UMC, NFPA, ASHRAE, UBC, UMC, and LEED
· Construction and cost estimating process
· AutoCAD or Revit, Visio, and Bluebeam
· Cross-discipline critical facility systems
· Plant commissioning and start-up
· Plant mechanical systems data analysis
· Troubleshooting and issue resolution
· Mechanical scope of work and project development
· Consulting engineering
· Experience in the EU (Germany, Netherland) will be a great advantage
The selected candidate will be appointed in Dubai or Beirut office with travels to the EU