Junior AccountantFull time @Addify posted 1 week ago
We are looking for a Junior Accountant to handle regular accounting activities for the finance department.
You will be part of a qualified team that works to preserve order and accountability for the finances of the company.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Accounts assistants provide administrative support to accountants, undertaking clerical tasks such as typing, filing, making phone calls, handling mail, and basic bookkeeping.
• Working directly for an accountant, accounting manager, or finance manager (or a small team of them), accounts assistants help to maintain the office and keep it running smoothly. As well as helping the manager, accounts assistants also deal with customers and external agencies.
• Working with spreadsheets, sales, and purchase ledgers and journals.
• Preparing statutory accounts.
• Calculating and checking to make sure payments, amounts and records are correct.
• Sorting out incoming and outgoing daily posts and answering any queries.
• Managing petty cash transactions.
• Controlling credit and chasing debt.
• Reconciling finance accounts and direct debits.