Junior AccountantFull time @Addify posted 7 months ago
We are searching for a Junior Accountant with a successful track record of working with Project Managers. We are looking for someone who is passionate about their work, fosters our team spirit, and wants to join a highly creative, collaborative team. What You Will Do Responsible for overall timely and accurate invoicing, including but not limited to:
- Ensure appropriate accounting policies are applied and implemented
- Ensure timely posting of journal entries
- Organize all company financial programs and ensure compliance with budgetary requirements
- Analyze and forecast financial requirements for project and organization
- Oversee the wire transfer, collection, deposit, and reconciliation of bank funds and accounts
- Supervise and ensure efficient working of all financial transactions in the organization.
- Monitor and track all accounts payable per project
- Provide support to auxiliary schedules for auditing purposes as per assigned work when needed
- Analyze and periodic reconciliation of various general ledger accounts/project accounts.
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of VAT and other tax returns
- Prepare and generate customer invoices based on Contract awards and based on Progress reports forwarded by the Project team.
- Preparation of application, follow up and operational expertise related to letters of Credit and Various Bank Guarantees when needed.
- Monitoring and record keeping of Company Credit Cards and ensuring payments on Due dates.
- Journalizing Etisalat and DEWA bills on a regular monthly basis, segregating Personal and Company calls, and ensuring timely payments.
- Provide support for the safekeeping of internal expenses in the company.
- Preparation of monthly Profit & Loss Account, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flows
- Preparation of Monthly Bank Reconciliations
- Prepare Journals for Petty Cash, and disbursement of Fuel expenses and their records
- Prepare monthly pay slips, payroll, and distribution of salaries of staff through WPS.
- Verification of Employee Leave, Gratuity, and Salary settlements and their corresponding journal entries
- Reconciliation of Clients, Suppliers, and Sub Contractor’s accounts periodically.
- Liaise with External Auditors and provide adequate documentation related to the JD when needed.
What Are We Looking For: The candidate must possess the following
- CPA, Post Graduate Degree in Accounts
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in accounting in UAE, Preferably with Interior design, architecture, or consultant background
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly in Excel
- Well-versed with UAE Taxation and Labor Regulations
- Possess good inventory management and costing skills
- Hands-on experience related to Accounts Receivable/Payable, General Ledger, and Reporting
- ERP Software exposure (Sage 50/Focus/Tally, etc.)
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Must demonstrate a high level of accuracy and consistent work performance
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage different personality types
- Must have good practical organization skills, planning of resources, and scheduling
- Candidate must have QuickBooks knowledge, familiar with progress invoicing, project invoicing, and UAE VAT accounting.
About The Company
Mustard and Linen provide a complete design consultancy service for hospitality, residential, commercial & exhibition projects. We are specialized in creating a brand from scratch. First, we listen, then we create. We deliver a project by ensuring that all the phases are perfectly achieved, and assist you with the realization of the project by working closely with the assigned contractor.
- Excellent benefits
- Advancement opportunities
- Attractive package