Junior AccountantFull time @Addify posted 1 month ago
JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY
Nordic Homeworx is looking for an ambitious Junior Accountant to provide support to the financial department by managing daily accounting tasks. You will be part of a team of professionals working to maintain order and transparency for the company’s finances.
The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles, able to work comfortably with numbers, have high attention to detail and should be reliable and flexible.
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded.
- Update accounts receivable and issues invoices.
- Update accounts payable and performs reconciliations including bank accounts.
- Assist in collection calls and correspondence, in a fast-paced and goal-oriented Accounts Receivable team
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and contractor financial departments.
- Review contracts and LPOs to cross-check with NH T & Csthem financial reports.
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines.
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings.
- Assist with other day-to-day accounting tasks.
- Handle day-to-day financial transactions of the company; issuing of cheques and petty cash management.
- Assist in the preparation of VAT returns.
- Undertake any other specific duties assigned by the management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or equivalent
- Excellent Knowledge in Accounting Software –Peachtree (preferably) / Tally & MS Office
- Minimum 2 years experience as an Accountant.
- Dynamic, charismatic and enthusiastic personality.
- Excellent English language skills – both written and spoken.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with high-end brands and clientele.
- Previous employment in a similar position.
- Experience proofreading contracts.
- Experience invoicing and collecting receipts.
If you feel that you are the right person to join our dynamic team, please send your application today!