Internal AuditorFull time @Addify posted 1 year ago
- Assist Internal Control and Compliance Management in performing the risk assessment of the assigned engagement.
- Performing financial, operational and compliance audits for projects assigned.
- Develop and enhance sector-based knowledge.
- Ensuring timely completion of assigned audit projects.
- Assist in preparing the risk/control framework for the entity under review.
- Review and preparation of system notes for businesses under review using either narratives or flow charts.
- Development of Internal controls questionnaires, data analytics tools, audit programs, and detailed audit work papers incorporating test schedules, observations, audit conclusions, and ensuring audit objectives are satisfactorily met.
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls including the risk management process.
- Ensure that all audit work papers prepared are consistent with the Departmental standards, contain sufficient supporting information/documentation, and have been properly referenced.
- Based on evidence gathered and testing performed ensure that all audit steps have been addressed appropriately and concluded bearing in mind that the internal controls being tested are suitable, efficient, and effective and the audit objective has been met.
- Ensure any weakness/concerns are discussed with the end-user/client and all audit exceptions are raised, related risks are highlighted, and recommend corrective action/improvements which are feasible and value-adding.
- Determine whether transactions under review are in accordance with the International Accounting Standards (IAS)
- Attend Entrance, Exit, and close-out meetings with end-user/clients.
- Ensure timely issuance of Draft and Final reports to the Management.
- Completion of project-specific performance appraisals.
- Perform ad-hoc assignments as required by the Senior Management.
- Ensure compliance with Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure compliance with departmental standards and policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain strong rapport with key operating and corporate associates.
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or equivalent
- Minimum 6 years of relevant audit experience; with at least 3-4 years with big 4 audit firms (pre-qualification or post-qualification experience)
- Should possess professional qualification ACA / ACCA / CPA and should possess/studying towards professional certification CIA or CISA;
- Arabic language fluency
- Understanding of both Internal Audit and Accounting Standards.
- Ability to understand the required operating standards of a range of the Company’s business operations.
- Understanding a range of Computerized Information Systems used in operating divisions.
- Proficiency in application of audit management software (ACL, Excel, Teammate, etc.).
- Maintain independence (in substance and form) from operational decisions.
- Work in overseas locations, ability to understand and work across different cultures and regulatory environments.
- Maintaining good relationships with the Client Management.
- Very good communication and presentation skills.
- Highly analytical and assertive personality.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.