HR DirectorFull time @Addify posted 2 weeks ago
About the Job:
An opportunity has arisen for an HR Director to join our Jumeirah Beach Hotel team. The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
- Develop and drive the hotel HR Strategy in line with Corporate HR direction and monitor its execution to ensure achievement of the objectives.
- Lead the development of an integrated hotel HR plan in order to ensure alignment with the regional and corporate HR strategies whilst steering efforts towards key hotel priorities.
- Lead the implementation of organizational development frameworks, by recommending manpower levels and title/ grade changes, in order to maintain consistent staffing and structure models within the hotel.
Culture and Performance Management:
- Ensure National Development initiatives are well communicated and fully supported.
- Implement employee engagement initiatives across the hotel such as heart of house communications, long service awards, wellness events, and plan the employee engagement calendar..etc. and track effective engagement action plans across all departments.
- Lead the implementation of the talent management framework to build a highly competent workforce and a culture of achievement as well as to consistently recognize, reward, and retain top talent within the hotel.
- Ensure training programs and development opportunities are deployed at a consistently high standard, aligned with business needs, and Jumeirah culture and learning opportunities are provided on various mediums.
- Ensure all activities in the performance management process are effectively executed so that colleagues have the opportunity to participate, receive feedback, and be given opportunities to develop.
- Coordinate & drive the talent management process in order to ensure talent management is fully embraced and the benefits fully realized.
- Regularly coach, mentor, and support senior and high potential colleagues to identify individual strengths and development needs, develop and maintain effective relationships and encourage retention.
- Direct the delivery of employee relations services, including employee grievances and disciplinary action, by investigating cases and recommending conclusions, in order to ensure that all disputes are resolved in a fair and timely manner.
- Ensure Colleague Opinion Survey results are communicated, and analyzed and action plans are developed and reviewed on a regular basis to improve colleagues working and living conditions.
- To plan, drive, and deploy colleague recognition, reward, and engagement activities.
Budget and Forecasting:
- Plan & deploy the annual HR budget and CAPEX process and ensure P&Ls are well managed and monitored.
- Consult on workforce planning activities in order to optimize staffing levels, productivity, and service standards in the most cost-effective manner.
- Direct the ongoing monitoring of the hotel’s HR activities in order to ensure that they accurately reflect the Group’s s employee value proposition and comply with the defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and budgets.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources Management or equivalent from an accredited and renowned University.
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role in a luxury hospitality brand or a recognized blue-chip organization.
- Strong knowledge of key HR frameworks such as employment law, organizational planning, organization development, and talent management.
- Budgeting for large-scale projects/operations.
- Capable of developing, articulating, and implementing business strategies and initiatives.
- Possesses strong problem-solving, reasoning, and analytical abilities and is a strategic thinker.
About the Benefits:
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams (AED), the local currency of the UAE. In addition, we offer generous F&B benefits, reduced hotel rates across our properties globally, and an excellent leave and health care package including dental coverage, flights home, life insurance, incentive programs, children’s education assistance, and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant looking for a career with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry.