Financial AnalystFull time @Addify posted 4 months ago
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide support, service, and advice on all financial matters to the company’s management, i.e. budget preparation, and presentation, management accounting, MIS, and all other financial and non-financial reports and statements.
- Liaise with all central and company departments for budgeting and forecasting purposes. Consolidate annual accounts and ensure timely audit of the annual accounts.
- Exercise budgetary controls, accounting, and physical control as per laid down procedures of asset management. Also, exercise controls on other purchases and services.
- Ensure tax compliance; return filing on a timely basis wherever applicable.
- Ensure proper insurance coverage on the company’s assets in coordination with corporate finance.
- Carry out inventory control functions: like approval of orders, the opening of L/Cs, retirement of documents, costing and pricing, insurance, review of inventory aging, etc., to ensure that laid down norms are observed.
- Ensure that credit limit controls and procedures are observed. Review collection and aging of debtors. Advise management on credit limits and provide MIS and exception reporting.
- Monitor internal/ external payments on a timely basis and exercise internal controls so that payments are made as per the approved terms for goods and services supplied. Exercise controls on other purchases and services.
- Ensure that all accounting entries are incorporated in the company accounts after they have been approved as per the schedule of authority. Ensure that accounts are kept up to date to reflect all the transactions of the business, including all reconciliation with the bankers, debtors, creditors, and group companies.
- Monitor bank balances against the facilities to ensure that the company operates within the approved facilities. Project cash flows and advises appropriate authorities in case of a likely shortfall. Ensure controls are exercised in cash collections, cash held, and banking
- Forecast foreign exchange requirements are communicated to HO Finance and advise any change as and when necessary
- Review monthly/Annual closing activities in accordance with corporate policies and IFRS and ensure timely submission of monthly management reports.
Skills & Education
- Qualified CA
- Years of Experience
- Minimum 8 years of post-qualification experience.
- Travel Industry experience is mandatory