Finance ManagerFull time @Addify posted 2 months ago
GMG is a global well-being company retailing, distributing, and manufacturing a portfolio of leading international and home-grown brands across the sports, food, and health sectors. Its vision is to inspire people to win in ways that make the world better. Today, GMG’s investments span across four key verticals: GMG Sports, GMG Food, GMG Health, and GMG Consumer Goods. Under the ownership and management of the Baker family, it has become a leading global company, affiliated with the world’s most successful and respected brands in the well-being sector. Working across the Middle East, North Africa, and Asia, GMG has introduced more than 120 brands into its markets.
About The Role
- Work as a Finance BP for the allotted business of GMG.
- Experience in wholesale and retail is mandatory.
- Standardization of processes & policies
- Process Improvements
- Management of ADHOC request from Senior Management
- Addresses financial issues such as cash management practice, capital funding (structure), and investment strategies for the GMG Business Unit
- Ensures efficient and effective management of the Business Unit’s finances through all necessary financial controls, systems, and processes and ensures accuracy and integrity of the company’s financial records
- Manages the delivery of various financial operations activities for the Business Unit and ensures that these are in line with the GMG group’s processes, guidelines and standards defined
- Provides guidance and advice, related to the management of cash flow, cost controls, and expenses for different departments of the Business Unit identifying potential financial opportunities and weaknesses and recommending corrective actions
- Monitors financial performance versus the budget e.g. the operational budget, the seasonal buying budgets, etc. to ensure awareness of anticipated costs/revenues, excesses/deficits, areas of unsatisfactory performance, and potential performance improvement opportunities
- Leads the following for Business Unit:
- o Revenue and Accounts Receivable activities including the issuance of Accounts Receivable invoices, Accounts Receivable reconciliations and aging, accurate recording of collections and accrued revenue
- o Accounts Payable (Projects and Operations) activities including the processing of Accounts Payable Invoices, liquidations of advanced payments, preparation of Accounts Payable entries, Accounts Payable Reconciliation, and Aging
- o Inventory recording and monitoring of received and issued items
- Leads the development of standard models for investment proposal preparation in line with the Group’s policies and issues guidelines on analysis/methodologies and parameters, financial scenarios, sensitivity analysis, etc. which aid in informed decision-making by the Management Team and relevant stakeholders
- Assesses risks associated with the financial transactions executed and collaborates closely with the CFO on monitoring and implementing them
- Serves as the principal contact with the external audit firm(s) for the Business Unit and ensures that they are provided close cooperation and assistance in the discharge of their responsibilities, including primarily the certification of GMG’s financial statements
- Reviews and provides exceptions, variance, retail productivity, stock, sales, financial and budgetary analyses through MIS reporting for the respective Business Unit.