Director of FinanceFull time @Addify posted 5 months ago
About Jumeirah & the Hotel
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise.
Its award-winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated signature dining destinations, and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 25 properties across the Middle East, Europe, and Asia and employs over 8,000 colleagues, representing over 106 nationalities.
As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world-class environments.
Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity, and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.
About the Job:
An opportunity has arisen for Director, Accounting & Finance at one of the Jumeirah Flagship Beachfront properties, the main responsibilities of this role include:
- Lead the annual target setting and planning process for the SBU, in collaboration with the General Manager and in line with the corporate objectives, and forecast the SBU’s sales and expenditures in order to provide visibility on the property’s financial performance.
- Lead the ongoing monitoring of the SBU’s financial transactions and balance in order to ensure that all expenditures remain within budget, that profitability is maintained at the expected levels, and that there is full visibility on the SBU’s financial performance.
- Lead the implementation of internal financial controls and ethics policies in accordance with local laws and financial policies to protect and safeguard the SBU’s assets and financial resources against any possible deviations and/ or violations.
- Direct the collection and analysis of financial data and identify financial trends, areas of improvement in spending, and potential economies of scale to contribute to the enhancement of the SBU’s financial resources management.
- Manage the effective achievement of objectives through setting individual objectives, managing performance, developing staff, and providing formal and informal feedback in order to maximize overall performance and team motivation while continuing to deploy resources effectively for growth and further strengthening the employee value proposition.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or equivalent from an accredited and renowned University.
- Professional Qualification or MBA from renowned Universities.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar position at a 5* luxury property.
- In-depth knowledge of finance processes and policies cost control and fund management optimization.
- Strong understanding of core hotelier operations and the luxury hospitality industry.
- Excellent budgeting, financial planning, and financial modeling skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
About the Benefits:
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams (AED), the local currency of the UAE. In addition, we offer reduced hotel rates across our properties globally, excellent leave and health care packages, flights home, accommodation allowance, life insurance, functional incentives, a 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets, and reduced hotel rates.