Data EngineerFull time @Addify posted 2 months ago
We are one of the fastest-growing startups in the MENA region with just over 300 members from 35+ different nationalities. We were listed by Forbes as “One of the most promising UAE-based startups” and are backed by world-leading VCs such as Mubadala and Point72 ventures. We are also one of the best-funded scale-ups in the HRTech space across the region.
We are a principle-led, meritocratic company that puts culture at the core of everything. As a Bayzat member, you will constantly be surrounded by high-achieving individuals and teams who have a knack for solving complex problems and are relentlessly pursuing success in everything they do. Being part of such an environment will push you to constantly be the best version of yourself and capitalize on every opportunity to improve, whilst drawing inspiration from like-minded, hungry people from all around you
How we got to where we are today, and the reason we will continue to thrive, is by hiring best-in-class talent and building a culture that allows people to be the truest, most authentic, and unpretentious versions of themselves.
What will you be doing?
- Designing the data model for data collection in the data warehouse
- Data Collection and data storage from existing and new data sources to the Data Warehouse and Data Lakes
- Building ETL solutions to enable batch processing and real-time data processing
- Maintaining data pipelines and monitoring data quality through Data Fitness, Data Lineage, Data Governance, and Data Stability
- Performing query performance tuning on the data warehouse for faster and more reliable data querying through BI tools
- Using Master Data Management techniques like Customer 360 to integrate all the customer data and interactions to have a comprehensive view of customers to provide a personalized user experience
- Building automation workflows and integrations for data transfer to various tools and applications
What are we looking for?
- Relevant experience of over 6 years
- Experience in SQL and programming languages like Python and Scala
- Experience in managing data warehouses and building data models
- Experience with 3NF, Dimensional Models, and Data Vault
- Expertise in building ETL pipelines
- Experience in workflow management platforms like Airflow
- Experience with engineering processes like Unit Testing and CI/CD
- Experience with Data Lake Technologies like Big Query
- Outstanding critical thinking and analytical skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently as well as in a team and comfortable in a dynamic environment
- Efficiently organized and detail-oriented, able to ensure quality and accuracy of the output
- Ability to build strong relationships with colleagues, effectively collaborating across departments