Custom and Excise Tax ManagerFull time @Addify posted 6 months ago
Roles & Responsibilities
As a Group Customs & Excise Manager, you will report to the Taxation-Head basis and oversee the following lead business areas:
- Assisting and leading a team responsible for processing mandatory customs & excise declarations and internal compliance reports.
- Support Business with technical tax advice on customs and excise matters, including any tax planning opportunities.
- Manage the continuous improvement of compliance procedures across the IFFCO Group.
- Provide high-quality structured training on customs & excise to the Supply Value Chain teams across IFFCO Group.
- Maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders, including Supply Chain Team, Tax Team colleagues, site management, customs & excise responsible staff at sites, relevant tax authorities
- Oversee mandatory controls and the company’s compliance protocols
- Maintain an appropriate control environment, including critical master data for timely and accurate customs and excise declarations, and license renewals.
- Lead the HS Code review across the IFFCO Group
- As directed, provide ad-hoc technical support during the tax audits and reviews
Key Performance Indicators:-
- Managing tax cost – there is a relatively large tax cost associated with customs duty and excise taxes, therefore managing the cost of those will be measured.
- Managing tax risk –effectively managing tax and related enterprise risk is an important responsibility of the tax function. KPI:
- Frequency and magnitude of audit adjustments
- The magnitude of return to provision adjustments
- The magnitude of penalty assessments
- Time spent on and resources dedicated to compliance and financial reporting activities
- The successful Customs & Excise Manager be based anywhere across the GCC Region. You will also have the following skills.
- Expert in GCC and GAFTA Customs duty regulation.
- Experience in dealing with ZATCA/ FTA on customs duty and excise matters
- 5+ years experience in shipping and/or customs and excise role
- University education in law or economics or training in financial administration
- Additional qualification as a tax advisor or a specialist advisor for customs and excise duties
- Local and Arabic speakers are only required
Competent in the use of standard EDP and IT systems, ideally with SAP knowledge
- Committed, self-motivated team player with an analytical approach
- Excellent organizational skills with a practical, results-oriented approach
- Excellent communication skills; fluent in – English and preferably in Arabic
- Ability to communicate with non-tax stakeholders.