Credit ControllerFull time @Addify posted 2 months ago
As a Credit Controller, you will be responsible for managing a book of debtor accounts to ensure timely payment of outstanding invoices, conducting credit checks on new customers, customer collection issues, resolving problems in relation to invoice payments, and reconciling complex month-end accounts. You will also report to management on outstanding issues, whilst highlighting potential debtor problems.
- Review of all regular monthly, quarterly, and year-end management reports. (MIS, financial indicator, cash flow, A/R, etc
- Credit risk and exposure
- Allocation of receipts on time
- Broker and sales staff commission policies and procedures management
- Monthly payment plan and discounts monitoring
- Reconciling complex accounts that have been escalated from the Collection team.
- Good understanding of the legal complexities of credit control aspects.
- Maintaining customer data including – Price list, Customer master list/ scheme‘s circulars, Scheme and Discounts, Issuance of credit notes pertaining to Discount as per policy, Internal controls
- To provide insightful, relevant, timely credit analysis.
- Ensuring credit and collection policies and procedures are followed within your team
- Monitor accounts to identify outstanding debts.
- Report on collection activity and accounts receivable status.
- Provide financial reports and interpret financial information to managerial staff while recommending further courses of action.
- Analyze costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results, and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans.
- Oversee operations of the finance department (follow-up for updates on collection allocation & pending collection activity)
- Experience in the financial sector with previous possible roles such as financial analyst
- Perform financial management duties including generating financial data, compiling, and submitting reports, analyzing industry trends, and assessing the financial health of the company.
- Create strategic business plans based on the analysis of the company’s status and financial forecasts.
- Collecting data on consumers, competitors, and marketplace and consolidating information into actionable items, reports, and presentations
- Perform a valid and reliable market research SWOT analysis
- Provide competitive analysis on various companies’ market offerings, identify market trends, pricing/business models, sales, and methods of operation
- Coordination and monthly reconciliation with the Collection team to ensure overdue amounts are collected and units eligible for termination are processed on time.
- Monthly reconciliation with the Finance team
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or mathematics.
- Previous work experience as a credit controller.
- Good understanding of the legal complexities of loans, payment plans, and interest rates.
- Proficient in Accounting and Office software. Must have proficiency in MS Excel.
- Ability to reconcile complex debtors’ accounts.