Consultant-Corporate TaxFull time @Addify posted 12 months ago
What you’ll be doing:
- Assisting the Tax Management in the interpretation of the CT Act, planning, and restructuring.
- Provide Corporate Tax services that provide measurable value and advise clients from a range of different industries on tax matters.
- Working on bespoke CT projects including a good understanding of OECD BEPS/ Pillar 2 guidelines.
- Identifying exposure in respect of CT.
- Preparation of company tax returns, including consolidated company tax returns for a wide range of corporate clients
- Assisting with tax due diligence, structuring advice, and advisory work
- Research and assisting with tax consulting advice (such as tax consolidation, tax treaties, international tax, withholding taxes)
- Researching local and offshore legislation and case law.
- Apply OECD concepts and technical expertise in resolving client challenges.
- Preparation of supporting schedules by analyzing backing documentation in a complete and thorough manner.
- Responsible for the checking of assessments, statements of account, and surcharge notices for accuracy and highlighting any anomalies.
- Liaising with authorities regarding tax and social security queries and responding in an efficient and timely manner, developing knowledge over time and increasing confidence to deal with more complex issues.
- Acts as an ambassador of the firm, building relationships and promoting the firm at every opportunity to facilitate new business opportunities.
- Coordinate with other colleagues locally and globally to deliver international taxation engagements.
- Consult with the Partner and management on technical and risk matters.
- Research and analyze international and domestic tax issues.
Who we’re looking for:
- You’ll have 2-3 years of practical knowledge and experience in corporate tax.
- You’ll have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and has the confidence to deal with people at all levels.
- You’ll apply knowledge and experience and display initiative and lateral thinking coupled with the ability to solve routine problems and analyze data from a variety of different sources.
- You’ll be a team player but also have the confidence to work alone on small engagements coupled with a flexible attitude and proactive approach to work and be willing to work additional hours to meet deadlines as necessary.
- You’ll possess excellent organizational and time management skills.
- You’ll be motivated to perform and be committed to effective client service.
- You’ll have attention to detail to ensure that the quality of work meets the firm’s ethical and professional standards and support our success.
- You’ll have a Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting with a specialization in tax.
- You’ll be studying towards the CTA/ ACCA/ CPA or equivalent professional qualification relevant to tax services.
- You’ll be comfortable using Microsoft packages and technology.
- You’ll have excellent analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- You’ll demonstrate strong technical aptitude and commercial awareness.