Commercial Finance ManagerFull time @Addify posted 2 months ago
To partner with the business streams in ensuring that sales & contributions are optimized and effectively managed. The post holder will provide strong commercial & financial advice on margin management, capital investment, and other operational issues as well as ensure that the senior management team is appropriately communicated with on actual & forecast performance.
- Prepare business proposals/models for strategic business growth, supported by analysis of the business environment, market research data, local regulations, commercial terms & financial returns.
- Develop & manage commercial projects initiated by Senior Management.
- Focus on commercial projects and business process re-engineering initiatives, for improving operational efficiencies & controlling overheads and working capital.
- Contribute to the formulation of Corporate Strategy by developing medium to long-term operational forecasts and leading the Group’s annual strategic planning & budgeting process.
- Develop, analyze and interpret financial information in terms of profitability, and performance against budgets.
- Participate as a key member of the Finance Management team, aligning MMI policies and procedures for internal controls, accounting, financial planning, and reporting.
- Support the preparation of the Board pack / CEO’s monthly/quarterly reports and monthly KPI which include management of operations risks, opportunities, analysis and interpret trends.
- Interrogate MIS information, analyze monthly business reports at Channel, Category, Customer group, and KAM levels reviewing volume performance, revenue realized, profitability, and FOC cost analysis.
- Provide pro-active sound commercial advice, including analytical reviews & interpretation of business performance and progress on new projects including ‘what if based’ analysis on pricing decisions and the impact on volumes/profitability
- Compile, consolidate, and summarize budgetary data for preparation of budget estimates & ensure a rolling 12-month forecast is in place.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Line Manager.
- Sound financial understanding and ability to interpret financial data
- 5 years experience with at least 2 years at a Senior Management level in Financial, Commercial, or Operations Management, involving regular interaction with Senior Management
- Ability to deal with all levels of staff/management / external parties in a persuasive and firm manner.
- Appreciation of customer service too, both, internal and external customers
- Proven skills/experience in drafting reports/presentations to a high level of analysis and quality
- Good presentation skills to senior management / Directors
- Advanced level of knowledge of ERP systems, MS Office suite.
- Professional accounting qualification (CFA/CMA/ACCA/CPA or equivalent)
- Working experience in the UAE and/or Oman
- Knowledge of local market environment & trends, government policy, and regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of the Liquor industry or FMCG business covering market dynamics and strategies