Chief AccountantFull time @Addify posted 8 months ago
The position is responsible for reviewing and monitoring day-to-day accounting activities of LIN SCAN and its Subsidiaries up to the issue of financial statements and will be reporting to the Regional Finance Manager [to look after ME, Africa, India, and FE accounts]
- Comply always and fully with LIN SCAN HSE requirements
- Be quality conscious (dynamic approach towards quality improvement and aim at getting things right the first time)
- Maintain confidentiality, and integrity, and safeguard LIN SCAN trade secrets
- Respect and always support fellow employees
- Respond to changes positively (technical advancements as well as organizational adaptations)
- Act in such a manner that LIN SCAN’s reputation is highly respected
- Be results-oriented; alert others timely when a task may not produce the required result for LIN SCAN’s final product
- Follow LIN SCAN’s Process Flow Charts and interact with other departments when required
- Assure timely and accurate reporting to LIN SCAN
- Identify training requirements
Analytical—the individual synthesizes complex or diverse information.
Problem-solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills, and conducts productive meetings.
Delegation—the individual delegates work assignments, gives authority to work independently, set expectations, and monitors delegated activities.
Leadership—the individual inspires and motivates others to perform well and accepts feedback from others.
Management skills—the individual includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating, and process improvement; makes himself available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; develops subordinates’ skills, and encourages growth.
Quality management—the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Judgment—the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, and makes timely decisions.
Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently, and develops realistic action plans.
Safety and security—the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
A successful Chief Accountant (ACCA, CA, CPA, or equivalent) with an Oil and Gas background is a plus.
It is essential you have a minimum of 10 years of industry experience outside the profession.
Capability to provide timely and accurate management reporting
Have excellent Excel and modeling skills alongside experience in communicating with senior stakeholders.
- Keep up-to-date entries in Accounts
- Payments, Collection, and invoicing HO control
- Validation AP Vouchers
- Payroll review (monthly from HR)
- Review of outgoing payments
- Review and Maintain other Legal Entity Accounts
- Inventory Maintenance and Control
- Control functions of regional Chief Accountants.
- Yearly audit