Audio Engineer (m/f/d) – Graz AustriaFull time @Addify posted 10 months ago
The LinkedIn Learning Solutions Content Team is looking for an Audio Engineer to be responsible for supporting the production and post-production of LinkedIn Learning video training courses by ensuring the quality and integrity of the audio and video capture meets our standards. Reporting to the Manager of Live Action and Audio Production, the Audio Engineer sets up audio gear for recording sessions, reviews recorded movies for audio integrity and quality, provides ongoing support to the production team, and works on audio post-production, including audio restoration, mixing, and mastering.
At LinkedIn we trust each other to do our best work where it works best for us and our teams. This role offers a hybrid work option, meaning you can both work from home and commute to a LinkedIn office, depending on what’s best for you and when it is important for your team to be together.
● Set up voice-over recording and recording of computer system sounds, and ensure the audio meets LinkedIn Learning quality standards, including video training content recorded remotely.
● Work with the Audio Team, IT, and Producers throughout the recording process: review raw footage, coach and help instructors through setup of gear and software remotely, troubleshoot problems, and identify areas that require attention.
● Set up, troubleshoot, and consult with Live Action Directors when recording audio for live action content in studio and remotely; document notes and instructions for use in post production. [camera settings, power]
● Work with Editors to troubleshoot any problems with recorded audio that may have occurred during production and process audio as required.
● Communicate clearly with the post-production teams to ensure successful handoffs throughout the post-production process.
● Perform audio restoration and clean up using iZotope RX and plugins.
● Mix multiple tracks of audio using Pro Tools.
● Master final audio for delivery to our production partners using LinkedIn Learning delivery standards.
● Perform other duties related to the production and post production of our content as may be assigned.
● 2+ years of experience editing and mixing dialogue
● 2+ years of experience with on-set and/or studio recordings
● Professional experience using audio restoration programs such as iZotope RX and mixing programs such as Pro Tools
● Fluency in spoken and written Business English
● Fluency in also French, Spanish, German or Portuguese is a plus
● Experience working with and setting up audio gear and troubleshooting issues
● Experience recording, editing, and processing of a wide variety of audio recordings
● Experience working with basic I/O file management via network and FTP
● Experience working with screen capture software (ex. iShowU, Bandicam)
● Avid Certified Pro Tools Operator (Post)
● Experience working with Adobe Premiere and OMF/AAF workflows
● Exceptional problem-solving skills, including the ability to quickly understand, identify, and effectively communicate solutions
● Knowledge of leading video file formats for the web
● Strong project management skills.
● Understanding of chat applications like Teams and Slack.
● Willingness to engage in creative problem solving and learn new processes and workflows.
● Solid understanding of signal flow
● Proven ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and written, and provide exceptional customer service and support to team members
● Patience in explaining audio/recording methodology to non-industry professionals.
- PerkUp! Personalize your benefits with fitness classes, gym memberships, massage, personal trainers, childcare, eldercare, pet care, house cleaning, tax preparation, and student loan repayments.
- Paid shutdown. Celebrate the end of the year with a week-long paid shutdown.
- Product discounts. Get a free LinkedIn Learning subscription and discounts on Microsoft products.
The fixed minimum annual gross salary is 36.000 Euro. Based on qualifications and experience this can be negotiated.