Assistant Manager Internal AuditFull time @Addify posted 1 week ago
What you’ll do
- Assist the Manager in developing and maintaining annual risk assessment, annual audit plan, and updates to the Senior Management and Audit Committee.
- Ensure that the internal audit program under the audit cycle is timely executed and is aligned towards the achievement of overall company objectives.
- Plan and schedule audit independently and review in consideration of audit priorities, sometimes managing multiple projects concurrently, including special ad-hoc investigations and consultancy works as may be requested by Senior Management.
- Deploy acceptable tools and techniques to make the audit process efficient.
- Ensure that audit assignment are conducted in accordance with the International Auditing Standards and Professional Code of Ethics (Big 4 benchmark).
- Ensure compliance with International Internal Auditing Standards and that all audit findings and issues are properly documented, communicated, and agreed upon with the auditees.
- Review and ensure that the audit report is prepared in a concise manner and that audit issues are placed in appropriate context with practical recommendations presented in a persuasive manner for proper implementation by the auditee.
- Demonstrate effective time management skills by ensuring that audit assignments are completed within time budgets and calendar schedules while handling multiple jobs and maximizing productivity.
- Highlight potential risks and quantify either value at risk or improvement potential wherever applicable.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with business unit/department management throughout the audit process with regard to developing a mutually effective audit work schedule, conducting audit status meetings, and leading the entrance and exit conferences.
- Establish and maintain effective business relationships within the organization and maintain knowledge of assigned operating business units / functional departments.
- Ensure that the working papers are adequately maintained as per the accepted Internal Audit Standards
- Monitor international developments, emerging trends, and best practices in internal auditing and implement them, as applicable.
What you’ll need:
- University graduate in Accounting / Finance or related professional qualification with a minimum of 7-8 years of professional experience in the auditing field, 2-3 years of which must be held at a supervisory level.
- A CIA, CPA, CA, ACCA, or other equivalent qualification/ certification would be preferable
- Arabic Speaker preferred.
- Must possess sound Finance and Accounting knowledge from a broad range of businesses, especially in the e-commerce and retail industry.
- Demonstrate a high level of proficiency in understanding internal audit concepts and risk assessment exercises.
- Preferred background in a Big 4 / Retail/ e-commerce Industry.
- Expertise in Digital Acceleration focusing on digitizing skills in technology such as automation, machine learning, design thinking, and digital storytelling.
- Knowledge of systems commonly utilized within e-commerce and/or retail environments.
- Knowledge of ACL (Audit Command Language), SQL programming language, TeamMate+,
- Big Query data, Power BI, and Power Query preferred.
- Expertise in finding observations helping management to identify areas of cost saving, revenue leakages, fraud or corrupt practices, etc.
- Strong critical thinking with the ability to define problems and propose solutions. Strong organizational, planning, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, managing time and resources to ensure work is completed efficiently and within established timeframes.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to write comprehensive technical reports in a clear and concise manner.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships both internally and externally.
- Open to travel for work (~25%-30% of the time).
Who will excel?
The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, high-pressure environment with a strong passion for delivering results. A candidate who has a successful history of working in teams solving challenging topics and is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done. At noon, we have the courage to pursue what seems impossible.