AccountantFull time @Addify posted 1 year ago
We are looking for a qualified Accountant with a minimum of 3 years of post-qualifications – a proactive candidate, and a team player, that brings the tools, credibility, experience, and practical know-how to this pivotal position. As the Accountant, you will be under the direction of the Accounts Director and ensure seamless operations in day-to-day functioning as well as periodic reporting.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Liaison with the finance team, management, and non-financial business leads to ensure smooth operations business-wide.
- Manage the operational payment function and continue to strive for process improvements to streamline the process. To constantly work towards reducing the timeline required for payment completion, with the client’s satisfaction as the priority.
- Liaison with External Clients for timely invoicing according to defined billing plan, regular follow-ups & verification of payment receipt.
- Consolidation of AR Data, Updating ARCT and Aging Report on a monthly basis.
- Manage VAT reporting and compliance across the Group.
- Responsible for completing the financial audit from external audit relations, audit planning, provision of information to auditors, reviewing auditor reporting, and presenting the financial report for internal approval.
- Align management financial reports with business strategy in order to provide the insight and transparency necessary including MIS Reports, Project Variance, and Analysis.
- Challenging current processes and identifying opportunities for efficiencies within the department.
- Drive any identified business improvements.
- Recommend/support all system developments impacting accounting and reporting processes.
- Manage the Company’s cash position, banking, and investment accounts, with accurate Cash Flows & Forecasting across the Group.
- Preference: ACA, ACCA, CPA qualification (or equivalent)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or another related field
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience in a Trading Industry
- Strong knowledge of IFRS
- Experience in interacting with external auditors
- Detailed knowledge of accounting software applications
- Experience in operational processes in a finance environment
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Ability to operate effectively with people at all levels of the business
- Organizational and accounting skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Proven track record of successful team leadership
- Demonstrable ability to work to tight deadlines on critical projects
- High attention to detail
- Proactive and result driven by a strong desire to exceed expectations