AccountantFull time @Addify posted 1 year ago
Posts financial transactions and reconciles accounts to ensure the accuracy of financial data and compliance with all internal/regulatory protocols. Prepares Accounting/Financial reports by analyzing related Accounting data.
Transaction Processing and Procedural Compliance
· Processes ledger and booking entries according to stated Accounting procedures so that all transactions. Identifies routine errors and anomalies so that all transactions are recorded in a timely and accurate manner
· Calculates posts and verifies entries to obtain and record financial data to be used in maintaining Accounting and statistical records for Kurdistan Operations.
· Performs accounts receivable/payable activities in accordance with Crescent Accounting principles to ensure accurate documentation and internal reporting of all accounts receivable/payable within the company.
· Ensures that all transactions and reports are processed according to internal procedures and guidelines so that the company fulfills all legislative reporting requirements.
Accounting and Financial Reports
· Creates reports from statistical and financial information according to stated schedules so that all required information is available for review and verification.
· Prepares summaries of the company’s ongoing projects by gathering relevant data and documents such as balance sheets, and profit and loss statements (e.g., a report of Crescent bank accounts together with a summary of the main items of income and expenditure).
· Examines and analyses Accounting/Financial statements to assess completeness, accuracy, and conformance of the company’s accounting procedural standards.
· Analyses ledgers and accounts to allow the reconciliation of financial data according to stated schedules so that the company remains aware of its financial position on an ongoing basis and statutory reports can be produced within legislative time limits.
· Provides monthly bank reconciliations and journal locations of cash book to the general ledger.
Data Accuracy and Documentation
· Identifies, investigates, and rectifies routine errors and anomalies in data and reports so that all financial data can be relied upon.
· Maintains financial files and information in a way that allows ease of retrieval of information and reports.
Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications/Certifications Required
· MUST have a bachelor’s degree in accounting and Professional Accounting qualification
· MUST have strong knowledge of MS-Excel & SAP
· In-depth tax knowledge at the local and federal levels
· Advanced skills in MS Office applications
· Ability to communicate well in English
· Added advantage to having experience in Oil & Gas and master’s in Accounting / CA / ACCA, but not mandatory
Minimum Professional Experience Required
. 2 to 4 years of relevant Accounting experience
. Should have good experience in SAP HCM and payroll